Binance Will Support the Polygon (MATIC) Network Upgrade & Hard Fork
www.binance.com 17 January 2022 10:39, UTC
Reading time: ~2 m
Binance will support the Polygon (MATIC) network upgrade and hard fork.
- The Polygon (MATIC) network upgrade and hard fork will take place at Polygon block height of 23,850,000 or approximately at 2022-01-18 08:00 (UTC). Deposits and withdrawals of MATIC will be suspended approximately starting from 2022-01-18 07:00 (UTC).
- The trading of MATIC will not be affected during the network upgrade and hard fork.
- The Polygon (MATIC) network upgrade and hard fork will take place at Polygon block height of 23,850,000. The estimated time is for users’ reference only.
- Binance will handle all technical requirements involved for all users holding MATIC in their Binance accounts.
- The Polygon (MATIC) network upgrade and hard fork will not result in new tokens being created.
- We will reopen deposits and withdrawals for MATIC once we deem the upgraded network to be stable, and we will not notify users in a further announcement.
- Polygon will be introducing a token burn mechanism which is dependent on network activity. For further details, please refer to the link.
- As of the release time of this announcement, Binance is not aware of any security code audit report conducted on this version of Polygon’s network upgrade and hard fork.
For more information on the network upgrade and hard fork, please refer to the following:
- EIP1559 (London Fork) on Mainnet
- Case Analysis of EIP1559 Implementation and Impact on Total Supply
Risk warning: Cryptocurrency trading is subject to high market risk. Please make your trades cautiously. You are advised that Binance is not responsible for your trading losses.
Back to the list
Binance To Support Polygon (MATIC) EIP-1559 Network Upgrade And Hard Fork - The Crypto Basic
thecryptobasic.com 18 January 2022 02:58, UTC