Flow Token Rises Upon Binance Listing
Flow, a token powering a blockchain network focused on non-fungible tokens or NFTs, surged in price after the big cryptocurrency exchange Binance said Friday it would list the project.
Binance said at 7:00 UTC that it would list the flow (FLOW) token, and since then, the price has rallied to $29 from $18 – a 61% rise. On a 24-hour basis, the cryptocurrency is up 30%.
- The token began the day at $18.26 and climbed to $27.56 after the announcement from Binance, according to data from Messari.
- FLOW's market value jumped to $1.23 billion.
- Flow is a blockchain built to support gaming applications and digital assets.
- The ecosystem is a product of Dapper Labs, which is the company behind the CryptoKitties blockchain game.
- NBA Top Shot also runs on the Flow blockchain and allows fans to buy, sell and trade officially-licensed video highlights of NBA moments.
- Flow’s rally after Binance’s announcement might show that the market still sees the exchange as a major player, despite recent regulatory crackdowns.
- Binance is still the leading crypto exchange in terms of spot and derivative market volumes and futures market open interest.
- So the listing could provide access for a larger swath of traders to buy or sell the FLOW token.
Back to the list