OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
Just two weeks into 2022, NFT marketplace OpenSea has seen its monthly trading volume for Ether (ETH) surpass the Aug. 2021 ATH of $3.42 billion. According to Dune Analytics data, the marketplace has now set a new all-time, after its trading volume for Ether crossed the $3.5 billion mark.
A Bright Start To The Year For NFTs and OpenSea
So far in the year, there has been an upsurge in NFT trading volumes. But this might not be unrelated to the price increase in the popular Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) NFT collection and its sister collections — the Bored Ape Kennel Club (BAKC) and the Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC). The BAYC alone, for instance, traded about 14,306 ETH in the past 24 hours. At the time of writing, that’s worth about $47 million in trade volume for the most popular NFT collection.
Also, per Dune Analytics data, OpenSea recorded its largest single-day volume ($261 million dollars) on January 9, breaking $150 million in trading volume for each day so far in January.
Meanwhile, OpenSea’s long reign as the leading NFT marketplace might be under some form of a threat now. With many competitions rising from different angles, a notable player would be LooksRare — a new NFT marketplace launched earlier in January. Dune Analytics’ data suggests that LooksRare is already outpacing OpenSea in terms of trading volumes.
Now, this is despite OpenSea’s best efforts to remain at the top.
The firm had also announced a $300 million Series C funding round that was led by VC firms Paradigm and Coatue early in the year. That funding brought its valuation to $13.3 billion as it looks to use the funds to enlarge its team and improve its product offerings.
Surely, NFTs are showing no signs of slowing down in 2022 as its adoption continues to grow unbelievably, even into unexpected spaces globally.
- Price Analysis
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Mike Tyson Says He Is ‘All In’ On Solana Crypto!
- After A Enormous 2,900,000,000% Rally In Just A Week, This Diminutive Token Trades At A Fraction Of Its Peak
- For Digital Payments, Use Of Bitcoin Decreased In 2021
- Cardano Back in Top 5 As ADA Rallies Over 10%, Sundae Swap Upgrade Coming This Week
- Fantom (FTM) Hits A New All-Time High, Funding Rate Important Metric to Watch
- NFT Investors Are Owing Billions In U.S Taxes, Here’s How IRS Plans to Collect Tax
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?
Back to the list