Binance partners Mastercard to launch card in Argentina for bill payment, everyday purchases
Binance has partnered Mastercard to introduce a Binance card in Argentina for making purchases and paying bills with cryptocurrencies.
See related article: Philippines’ SEC warns public not to invest with Binance
- The product is currently in a beta phase and will be widely available in the coming weeks, Binance said. The card is part of Binance’s efforts to boost global cryptocurrency adoption.
- Issued by Credencial Payments, the Binance card will allow Binance users in Argentina with a valid national ID to make purchases and pay bills with cryptocurrencies, at over 90 million Mastercard merchants worldwide.
- Users can convert their cryptocurrencies to fiat currency at the point of purchase, as well as earn up to 8% in crypto cashback on eligible purchases, Binance said in its statement.
- Argentina is the first country in Latin America to have the product.
- Binance cardholders can use the card dashboard on the Binance app and website to manage their cards.
See related article: Binance spent over US$1B on compliance, founder Changpeng Zhao says
Back to the list