European Crypto Tax Companies Announce Merger to Power US Expansion
www.coindesk.com 09 September 2020 06:00, UTC
Reading time: ~2 m
Two of Europe’s largest crypto tax reporting firms are to merge in an effort to turbocharge a planned expansion into the U.S. market.
- Austria-based Blockpit and Germany's Crypto Tax announced the merger Tuesday, saying they would start offering a range of compliance and tax services all under one roof.
- Crypto Tax provides tax reporting frameworks, for crypto and non-crypto assets, like traditional securities, that can be adjusted to different countries; Blockpit offers anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) compliance tools.
- Klaus Himmer, co-founder and managing director of CryptoTax, and Florian Wimmer, founder, and CEO of Blockpit, told CoinDesk the merger will make them a full-scale regtech company.
- The new company will trade under the "Blockpit" brand, but will retain the "Crypto Tax" name for the taxation services.
- Structured by Austrian M&A specialist Venionaire, Wimmer said the merger was close to a 50:50 deal.
- Blockpit's existing offices in Linz will become the new headquarters for the newly merged company, with Crypto Tax's offices in Munich to be retained.
- The new company, already prevalent in the German-speaking world, will now turn its attention to rolling out specialized regtech products in the much-larger U.S. market.
- The new Blockpit plans to raise €1.6 million (~$1.9 million) from both companies' existing investors and get the ball rolling on an extended Series C to fund the U.S. move.
- A prospective expansion to other English-speaking countries, as well as the Asian markets, is in the works for 2021.
- Wimmer said the merger has likely saved both companies a year or so building out products the other company already had.
See also: Swiss Canton Zug to Accept Taxes in Bitcoin, Ether From Next Year
Back to the list
European crypto tax firms merge in bid to expand to North American markets
cointelegraph.com09 September 2020 11:10, UTC
Austrian Blockpit Acquires Its German Сompetitor CryptoTax
www.coinspeaker.com08 September 2020 10:36, UTC