NNT offering grants of up to US $3,000 to students as part of Decoding Web3 USA Campus Tour
Neo News Today is offering grants to students as part of its participation in Neo’s Decoding Web3 USA Campus Tour. Eligible students can apply for grants of US $1,000 – $3,000 to start a project on the Neo N3 blockchain. The grants will be funded by rewards generated through NNT’s Neo Council position.
Neo is currently embarking on a tour of more than a dozen universities across the US, including schools such as Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, and more. The tour was organized to discuss Web3 opportunities and the Neo blockchain with college students, and build connections with blockchain, fintech, and VC student clubs. Neo also seeks to raise awareness of incentive programs like EcoBoost, GrantShares, and more.
NNT’s Dylan Grabowski is joining the tour as a speaker from Oct. 12th at the University of Michigan, and will continue through to the final event at Stanford on Oct. 25th. NNT is hoping to connect with students looking for a boost in getting their Web3 careers started.
Speaking on the grants, Dean Jeffs, founder of NNT said:
“Neo is and always has been a community driven project. We succeed when we help each other. As much as anything, these grants are a message to potential new ecosystem members that the community has your back. We’re under no illusions that $3k is enough seed money to fund a new project, but we are aware of how difficult it can be for students to balance their studies, finances, and following their passion. If our grants help pay for a new laptop, or allow a student to take a few less weekend shifts to make time for pursuing a passion project on Neo, it will be money well spent.”
NNT is looking for students who would like to gain Web3 experience by beginning a project on Neo. The grants are open to all students, not only those visited by Neo during the Decoding Web3 tour, though applicants should be prepared to prove enrollment.
Applicants should keep the following notes in mind:
- Proposals must be for building a project using Neo N3 technology.
- There are no restrictions on project type, but proposals with a realistic scope for a student-level workload will be looked upon more favorably.
- Previous blockchain experience is not required, however applicants with a computer science or development background may have an advantage.
- NNT understands that some applicants may be proposing their first Web3 project. This is expected, so students will benefit from documenting challenges or unknowns in their proposals.
- Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of what Neo has to offer as a platform.
Those looking to apply can visit the Google Form found here: https://forms.gle/9q1L7vKwu3g5ABAy5. Applications close on Nov. 30th, 2022.
Students also may find some of the following links useful:
- Neo Developer Portal
- Neo Discord
Back to the list