Pumped by Elon Musk, Dogecoin gains amid slow market recovery
forkast.news 22 June 2022 04:58, UTC
Reading time: ~2 m
Dogecoin and Shiba Inu have been staging a strong comeback since Elon Musk came out on Sunday supporting the former.
- Dogecoin rose more than 15% in morning trade on Wednesday in Asia, according to CoinMarketCap data.
- The memecoin rose to a 24-hour high of US$0.06932 before paring early gains to trade up 5.4% at US$0.06327.
- Memecoin Shiba Inu was up more than 20% at US$0.000009805 in early trade on Wednesday. It was last up 3.6% at US$0.02855.
- “I will keep supporting Dogecoin,” Elon Musk, a longtime supporter of the memecoin, said on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday.
- Musk’s tweet came after a complaint seeking a class action lawsuit was filed against the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, alleging manipulation in the price of Dogecoin.
- Bitcoin was trading mostly unchanged at US$20,463.70, with Ethereum down 1.6% at US$1,103.41 at the time of publishing.
- The total cryptocurrency market cap remains under the US$1 trillion mark and was last trading at around US$902.54 billion at the time of publishing.
Back to the list