Dapp Data Storage Provider Bluzelle to Begin Mainnet Launch in August
www.coindesk.com 2020-08-01 02:50
Reading time: ~1 m
Distributed data storage network Bluzelle, headquartered in Singapore, is starting the launch of its mainnet on Aug. 8, the company announced Thursday.
- According to a press statement, phase 1 of the mainnet will enable users to stake bluzelle (BLZ) tokens and earn rewards for participating in the network’s validation process.
- Participants are required to create a BluzelleNet address using the Bluzelle staking platform to start earning BLZ which will be deposited to their addresses every 24 hours.
- The launch also marks the platform’s transition to the newest version of Tendermint.
- Bluzelle CEO Pavel Bains told CoinDesk that, unlike Filecoin and Storj, which provide file storage services to customers like Dropbox does, Bluzelle facilitates the storage of data particularly for application developers.
- The network, marketed as the “Airbnb of databases” will allow developers to pay for storage space and write to the decentralized database, the statement said.
- Bluzelle raised $19.5 million in its initial coin offering (ICO) in 2018 to create the network of decentralized databases.
- The mainnet will launch in full on Sept. 8.
Read more: The Decentralized Web Just Might Need Databases, Too